GIT – Book Description
Apache Tomcat (or simply Tomcat) is an open source servlet container developed by the Apache Software Foundation (ASF). The latest major stable release, Apache Tomcat version 7 implements the Servlet 3 and JavaServer Pages 2 specifications from the JavaCommunity Process, and includes many additional features that make it a useful platform for developing and deploying web applications andweb services.
Apache Tomcat 7 Essentials follows a practical approach to teach installing, configuring, and maintaining Tomcat. It helps you to understand the middle architecture for hosting multiple websites and also provides the confidence to implement middleware support. It imparts to you the capacity to resolve migration issues and also provides regular maintenance solutions. This is the first and only book to cover upgrading to Tomcat 7 from previous versions.
The journey of the reader starts at the beginner level and ends at the expert level. The content is designed in such a way that it balances the theory and practical approach for understanding concepts related to handling middle ware and web issues.
In this book, you will go through a three-phase life cycle. The first cycle consists of installation, configuration of Tomcat 7 on different OS, and other configurations related to JDBC, port, deployment etc.
The second phase deals with the building of enterprise application setup and high availability architecture (clustering load balancing). The third and critical phase will teach you to handle critical issues, performancetuning, and best practices for various environment stacks like dev/QA/stage/production.
This book gives you a wider vision of using Tomcat 7 in web technologies and the skill to optimize theirperformance using Apache Tomcat 7.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to install Tomcat 7 on Windows/Linux step-by-step and resolve any issues faced during installation
- Deploy multiple applications and troubleshoot any issues that occur during deployment
- Implement best practices in the production environment and learn tricks to reduce your day to day work load
- Dig deep into high availability architecture configuration (load balancing and clustering configuration) using front end web server like Apache and IIS
- Become an expert in tuning the Tomcat for performance
- Upgrade to Tomcat 7 successfully from the previous versions
- Configure Tomcat for Dev/QA/stage/production environment and indulge into maintenance tips
- Get familiar with thread dump analysis, monitoring JVM, database and OS related issues, and diagnose Tomcat 7 issues
This book is a step-by-step tutorial for anyone wanting to learn Apache Tomcat 7 from scratch. There are plenty of illustrations and examples to escalate you from a novice to an expert with minimal strain.
Who this book is for
If you are a J2EE administrator, migration administrator, technical architect, or a project manager for a web hosting domain, and are interested in Apache Tomcat 7, then this book is for you. If you are someone responsible for installation, configuration, and management of Tomcat 7, then too, this book will be of help to you.
- Paperback: 294 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (March 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1849516626
- ISBN-13: 978-1849516624
Download ebook Apache Tomcat 7 Essentials direct link : Packtpub.Apache.Tomcat.7.Essentials.www-gocit.vn.pdf