GIT – Error Message:
I am getting this message and then the laptop goes into hibernate mode;
“The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer”
What’s wrong with my battery?
- Power off the notebook and remove the battery.
- Make sure only the AC adapter is connected and power on the notebook.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs , click Accessories , and then click Run.
- In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab.
- On the Startup tab, click to uncheck the box in front of ISB Utility.
- Click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Restart button.
- Power off the notebook; reconnect the battery and power back on.
Follow these steps to fix this problem on Windows XP.
- Go to Start, click on Search.
- Under ‘What do you want to search for?’: Select ‘All Files and Folders’.
- Under ‘Search by any or all of the criteria below.’: Type in isbmgr.exe under ‘All or part of the file name:’. Then click Search.
- When file is found, right click and select, Rename.
- Rename the file vgp.exe. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.