GIT – USVN is a modern Open Source Sub versioning System provides you a convenient way to create and manage SVN repositories on SVN server. USVN makes the whole process from configuration to repo creation and managed simple and easy. USVN has a PHP coded GUI that make that whole process piece of cake.
Instead of using command line and getting your hands dirty while working in vi or vim editor to just to create project repo or to add a single user. Now you have a GUI before you on screen that will lead you through out that process.
Now creation of repos, delegation of rights to users in no more a night mare for System Admins.
Now I will guide you how to install and configure USVN on Ubuntu
Before starting installation process we need to insure that following mentioned packages and modules must be installed on your Ubuntu machine.
• Apache 2
• PHP 5
• mod_dav enable
• mod_dav_fs enable
• mod_rewrite enable
Use the below mentioned commands to install above specified packages and modules
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
sudo apt-get install subversion libapache2-svn
sudo a2enmod dav_svn
sudo a2enmod dav
sudo a2enmod rewrite
sudo apt-get install php5-mysql
So now lets start installing USVN ………..
1. Go to http://www.usvn.info/download and download the latest version of USVN.
2. As I’m installing on Ubuntu that’s why it will be in tarball version.
3. So uncompress the downloaded archive in /var or /opt directory.
(in my case it is in /opt).
4. Now change the ownership of the extracted directory to apache using following command
sudo chown www-data:www-data usvn-usvn-203660a/
5. Now to make it accessible from browser for configuration you have to make some configuration in apache.
6. Now type
sudo vi /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
7. Now edit this file in following way to make is accessible via http
8. Go to your browser and type http://domain-name/install.php
9. Now There is 8 step process for the configuration of USVN. So follow these steps as mentioned in below screen shots
10. Now before executing this step there is need to perform a very important task. You have to create a directory named as “files” and change the directory ownership to apache using the following command
sudo chown www-data:www-data files/
11. At the end of the installation copy and paste the code in /etc/apach2/apache2.conf file
12. Now login using the credentials that you set during configuration phase
13. Now after entering the credentials for admin following control panel for USVN would appear
Now create the users, create project repos, delegate rights etc.
Read more at https://github.com/usvn/usvn/wiki/Installation