GIT – Book Description
What could you do with data if scalability wasn’t a problem? With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn how Apache Cassandra handles hundreds of terabytes of data while remaining highly available across multiple data centers — capabilities that have attracted Facebook, Twitter, and other data-intensive companies. Cassandra: The Definitive Guide provides the technical details and practical examples you need to assess this database management system and put it to work in a production environment.
Author Eben Hewitt demonstrates the advantages of Cassandra’s nonrelational design, and pays special attention to data modeling. If you’re a developer, DBA, application architect, or manager looking to solve a database scaling issue or future-proof your application, this guide shows you how to harness Cassandra’s speed and flexibility.
- Understand the tenets of Cassandra’s column-oriented structure
- Learn how to write, update, and read Cassandra data
- Discover how to add or remove nodes from the cluster as your application requires
- Examine a working application that translates from a relational model to Cassandra’s data model
- Use examples for writing clients in Java, Python, and C#
- Use the JMX interface to monitor a cluster’s usage, memory patterns, and more
- Tune memory settings, data storage, and caching for better performance
About the Author
Eben Hewitt is Director of Application Architecture at a publicly traded company where he is responsible for the design of their mission-critical, global-scale web, mobile and SOA integration projects. He has written severalprogramming books, including Java SOA Cookbook (O’Reilly).
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media (November, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1449390412
- ISBN-13: 978-1449390419
Download Ebook Cassandra: The Definitive Guide direct link Cassandra.The.Definitive.Guide-www.gocit.vn.pdf